Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It’s a Man’s World

I definitely don’t believe that! but sometimes…

After yesterday’s post, I decided to muse a bit on the button-down shirt. I love the look, but the fit? It can be VERY difficult to say the least. Our anatomy is quite different then men, but yet many mainstream stores don’t quite get that chests come in all sorts of sizes. For this reason, more often than not, you’ll see me sport a button-down underneath an outfit to avoid the misshapen gap between buttons.

Not anymore! I’m tossing aside my cardigans and jackets! A friend of mine let me in on her secret and its brilliant! Take your button-downs to the tailor and have them add a little hook-eye on the inside between buttons – no more safety pins for me!!!

Another great, but slightly expensive, option ($195/shirt) is the amazing Rebecca & Drew shirt tailored specifically for your chest/waist/hip measurements. Order online at http://www.rebeccaanddrew.com/.

No comments: