Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dreamin' of Summer

Dear Muse, I am starting to think about the summer and want to get a cool beach cover-up. I like the fitted tunic style, but they all seem to be very mumu-like or designed for an evening out. Any good hints? Thanks, Dreamin' of Summer

A. Oh summer!! It seems to be on everyone's mind lately. I blame the resort collections cropping up all over the place. For those lucky enough to get away, and those that pin the bikini to the closet door for inspiration, beachy items are all over the place! For those that hit the latter category, I definitely suggest waiting a bit for items to go on sale. In fact, Banana Republic is having some decent sales on spring-like inventory including some great orange blouses which I love!

On to the question at hand, cover-ups! Oh how times have changed!!! When I was younger I would strategically wear cover-ups to hide parts I deemed unsightly, and sadly as the years press on, its more about covering up from the sun's harmful rays (and maybe still a bit of the former). Either way, I agree they can be hard to find. While there is always the ubiquitous Juicy Couture terrycloth sundress (and I do love terrycloth), for something a bit more grown-up try this J. Crew light-weight and summery cotton tunic. Or for something easier to get on and off, try a cover-up from Lands' End -- they have this great turquiose zip-up cotton number for just $28.50 http://www.landsend.com/.

No comments: