Wednesday, April 9, 2008

All Things White

As the weather turns from what should be spring to full-on summer...my mind is on all things white!
This immediately makes me think of the never-ending question of “Can you wear white before memorial day or after labor-day??"

Regardless of what stylists have been saying, I was a strict supporter of the rule, must be the Puritan in me. But this year I've tossed my own rules to the wayside, because style is about marching to the beat of your own drummer (most of the time).

For those of you who thrive on rules and this still leaves you a bit befuddled -- my own drummer what? -- I'd stick to this: White can be worn year-round as long as you adhere to the appropriate fabric for the season -- like wool for winter, linen/cotton for summer and denim which is my idea of the 3-season suit. That said, try to use common sense, like, bright white top and bottom doesn't really work in early spring (I've tried it trust me) and in winter cooler "winter whites" seem to work best.

So what happens if you make a misstep with White? Nothing. As long as you bring a good dose of self-confidence you'll be fine.

No comments: