Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Transitional Clothing


I woke up this morning and went about my business getting ready when the most terrible thing happened! I opened my window to see snow gathering on my deck. It took my eyes a few moments to take in the scene because I dismissed winter at least two weeks ago and the first day of spring is tomorrow!!! HELLO, its EASTER!

This happens every year, I stubbornly decide its spring and Mother Nature laughs in my face. I put my frumpy puffer away in favor of a lighter suede trench only to freeze and catch a cold.

What's a muse to do???

Well coats and closed-toe shoes are still a necessity, but there are steps we can take to let Mother Nature know who's boss!

First, lose the dark nails, at least for a while. It is so LC (Lauren Conrad) anyway. Opt for a bright fun shade or neutral for those less daring.

Take baby steps towards letting go of some of the black that's been dominating your wardrobe by shifting to something gray then spice it up with a punch of color like a yellow cardigan or belt.

Probably the easiest way to achieve transition is with a scarf which will completely add life to a basic outfit. Old Navy has some great gauzy scarves (see above) that can be casually strewn on, looped, or put into a 1/2 knot. Or try out the new Boho trend with this great Forever 21 tie-dye scarf -- cheap and easy so when it is SO out next season you won't feel bad discarding.

Start small with accessories, jewelry and make-up and let the weather catch-up to you!

1 comment:

Mamma Peanut said...

Where is the muse?? I'm liable to find myself in "mom jeans" if we don't get another installment soon...