Thursday, September 3, 2009

Farewell to Nancy Talbot


Growing up partly on the South Shore in Hingham, I have known about the Bright Red Door since before I knew what it symbolized. At the time, it meant having to go with my mom to a boring store with no toys or fun things to do, but as I grew older I understood what it meant to not only a community but to women - classic and practical styles.

Over the years the styles changed and so did the designers - most recently Michael Smallbone has created a cooler style to appeal to a wider demographic, but one thing remained the same - the Bright Red Door and the name.

Sunday, Nancy Talbot, passed away. The Boston Globe wrote a wonderful and inspirational piece about her work and the families launch to success. It is worth the read.

No comments: