Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Old School Glamour, by way of Jewelry

Old School earrings are back - I'll admit, I first started paying attention to the elegant Jackie-O type earrings because Sister Muse 2 was not giving me much of a choice - Every time, Lily sported them on Gossip Girl I heard about it. And judging by this year's Golden Globes, she was dead-on. BTW - My vote for Best Dressed all around goes to Olivia Wilde, simply stunning, but I digress...

Glamorous baubles adorned the ears of many of the starlets, channelling Old Hollywood, simple in their styles (think flowered, crystal studs) these earrings emanate grace and class (which says Sister Muse 2 all over it). So, for Christmas I thought I'd found the perfect gift! But alas, the stores haven't quite caught on to the phenom and I couldn't find suitable baubles anywhere. *My guess is, they will be hitting stores this spring and into next fall (I mean who would've guessed that Jumpsuits are still coming in with even more vigor?)
Well, thanks to Sister Muse 2's perseverance, this story has a happy ending for her and hopefully for you too! The quick fix is to visit consignment shops and antique stores to look for interesting costume jewelry. You don't like clip-ons you say? Do not despair, though frequently these earrings are clip-on, just take it to a local jeweler and have them replace with posts which will run about $10.

Voila - you are now ahead of the curve with your vintage finds - A big thank you to Sister Muse 2.

1 comment:

the loyal servant said...

oh, style muse, how i've missed you! jsut last night (as i was catching up on gossip girl via dvr) i was thinking how much i liked lilly's earrings! good to know the muse family agrees. :)