Thursday, November 20, 2008

Holiday Party Dressing Part I: The Company Christmas Party

'Tis the season...for sequins and lace and fur, faux if you prefer! My favorite time of year, throw some metallic my way and I'll be dancing in the street. However, Muse does understand certain occasions require a fair amount of clothing restraint a la the company holiday party -- but don't fret, there is a holiday outfit for everyone and every occasion. A few to start off with...

The company holiday party:



Remain understated, do not see this as an opportunity to display parts of your personality or anatomy that you wouldn't normally want your boss to see. This issue is only exacerbated by drinking too much and really making a fool of yourself. That said, there is no reason to be a stick in the fondue. Play up the festive with fabrics, a pop of color and/or statement accessories.



A few suggestions:

Places to look - Mix and Match at: The Express (I know, so college, but their holiday stuff is cute), Ann Taylor (again, I know, avoid anything to matronly), J. Crew, Club Monaco, and even Newport News (I love this dress in the photo).

And Please Remember -- no pantyhose - never, don't do it, if we stop buying them, eventually they will stop making them and the resistant will have no choice but to get on board.

No comments: